Friday, October 5, 2012

Bracing the back...


Got the back finished today! I also got the braces for the top all shaped and ready, so first thing tomorrow I'll be bracing the soundboard. The bracing is done with the plates sitting on a "hollow form" (a concave piece of MDF) which is radiused to correct curvature for the back (15 feet) and top (25 feet). The center strip is a reinforcement for the back joint which was cut from the top of the soundboard plate. The braces themselves are sanded on these forms so that they are curved correctly as well. Then I put them in a "go-bar" deck, which allows me to use those little fiberglass rods (go bars) to clamp anywhere I need pressure. This is a mandatory safety goggle operation... if those bars slip, they go flying.....



No comments:

Post a Comment