Saturday, December 8, 2012

In transit... more DELAYS

Today I was hoping have good pictures of the neck and fretboard being assembled. Yesterday the inlaid fretboard was shipped to me from the CNC guy in Seattle, and I paid for guaranteed overnight delivery. However this morning the shipping status showed it sitting in Ontario, Ca (that's east L.A.) and scheduled for a Monday delivery.

I called UPS and they claimed that the package was received an hour and a half after the 4 pm deadline to make that overnight schedule (they still charged full rate though - shouldn't that be illegal?). I know for a fact they shipped it around 2 pm.....

I told UPS the nature of this project and that if they wanted to stay on Santa's nice list and not let down our band kids, they should find a way to get me the package today. They are now promising me a 7pm delivery today. We shall see.

So hopefully tomorrow, we're making good progress. I'll spend the day prepping all my jigs, etc so I can move post haste tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment